CORDOVA ALASKA PHOTO TOUR (JUNE 20-27, 2017)
Experience photography in Cordova and the famous Copper River Delta. Located at the southeastern end of Prince William Sound, this area of our Chugach National Forest covers approximately 2.3 million acres. You will be guided to your locations by plane, boat, and van through epic landscapes and wildlife habitat. This photographic adventure takes you on a journey to explore landscapes where tidal fats meet hemlock-spruce forests, salmon rich streams, bald eagles and out into the waters of Prince William Sound where you’ll see sea otters, coastal bears, moose and much more.
ABOUT YOUR GUIDES
Scott Slone has partnered with Planet Earth Adventures to offer real Alaska photographic adventures. Beyond learning photography, Scott believes great photography comes from having a connection with with your locations. Because his family roots reach five generations deep, photographers are getting more from the experience than just great photography. Albert Marquez owner of Planet Earth Adventures has been published in a number of well known books and magazines, and has been guiding photographers into Alaska for the last 5 years.
This photo adventure is prime for both intermediate to advanced photographers. You should at least understand basic composition, fluent with your menu systems and manual settings, we can help from there. Primary focus of the workshop will cover basics of location scouting, advanced composition, and Adobe Lightroom techniques. Prince William Sound region brings varied weather, there is always a secondary focus planned should weather or wildlife not cooperate.
Days have the potential to be long when conditions are at their prime. We’ve planned to keep a balanced pace, but if we’re feeling it, we’ll stay out. There will be light hiking, you should be comfortable hiking at least 2-4 miles with little to no elevation gain. We do have one hike that offers more physical demand, while optional the views are priceless!
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATIONS
June 20-27th 7/days
Prince William Sound, Copper River Delta, Childs Glacier, Cordova Alaska
- Visit a remote beach for spectacular landscapes, and a potential for bears.
- Hundreds of Bald Eagles will be high in activity.
- Rafts of Sea Otters
- Potential for bears and moose.
- Cordova historic coastal structures
- Glacial landscapes and calving
- Light hiking into mountainous landscapes.
- Great food, and coastal accommodations
Question or booking please call us at (907) 717-9666
Having a range from 10mm to 400mm lenses would be optimum. At a minimum, a 24-105mm and 100-400mm will provide you a very workable range. We also offer lens rentals if needed, please let us know at least 40 days prior to tour.
- Camera Gear Pack – Scott and Albert use F-Stop Bags
- Several batteries to sustain you up to 10 hours / Day
- Extra Media Cards
- Polarizing and Split-neutral density filters
- Camera Bag (for rain)
- Extra camera body if possible
- Lens hoods
- Several lens cloth
- Remote Release
- Laptop computer with at least Adobe Lightroom
- Day Pack
- Sturdy Hiking Boots
- Rain shell
- Your favorite hat to block sunshine.
- Hiking poles (not required, based on personal comfort.)
- Recommend a Sea to Summit head net (REI) for gnats
- Water Bottle, recommend 32/oz